We are looking into buying some property. Well, actually, we've signed the contract on buying some property. It is 2 1/2 acres located near Crestview Airpark. Here's our story so far:
At our church business meeting, Pastor Ed talked about this year being a year of Uncommon Favor. In my Bible study, we've focused on Isaiah 61. Which speaks about the "favorable" year of the Lord. Now, I'm not one that believes that "Uncommon Favor" means we will all get wealthy. I actually think the emphasis of "blessing" usually falls too much on the financial aspect of life. I think God's presence alone is favor. Anyway, at that meeting we filled out cards of things that we are going to put before the Lord to pray about.
My card says - 1.Keys for my children's heart and 2.Property for my family. I put a smiley face next to the second one because I thought "this is a long shot!" But, I just began to pray.
As many of you know, John works in land development. He has access to maps and started to look at areas to find undeveloped property. About a month ago he decided to just call the land owners. On his second call he talked to an older gentleman and asked him if he would be interested in selling his property. The gentleman said "yes". He has owned the property with his brother-in-law for 20 years. He bought it at a County Land Surplus Auction (I don't think they have these anymore :)). John asked how much he would sell it for and he came back with a price that seemed low (doable for us).
John called his brother, Tom, who works in Real Estate and asked him to draw up a contract. So, we signed the contract about 2 weeks ago. This week the wetlands specialist will be surveying the land. If it is a wetland, which is always possible in this County, then it will be unbuildable. So, our prayer, of course is that it is buildable!
I will keep you posted on what could be an exciting journey!
Monday, June 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Amazing how God blesses with those things that we just kind of have on the sidelines. Thinking that if the sideline prayers get added, then it is a bonus! But God wants all our requests even the sideline requests answered.
Just today, I was wondering how to juggle bills around until my paycheck came in on the 14th...when I checked my mail it was already there waiting for me. I forget that God has everything under control and doesn't forget any of the details. Whether those details are your smiley face or my worrying about due dates.
God is so good!!!
Exciting!!! Keep us posted!
I miss you!!!
I hope everything works out, this is very exciting for your family.
Post a Comment